|1 Tbsp||Yeast, active dry|
|1/4 Cup||Warm Water|
|1/3 Cup||Shortening or Butter, softened|
|3/4 Cup||Milk, scalded|
|3 1/2 Cups||Flour|
1) Combine yeast and warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2) Add softened shortening or butter, sugar, salt and nutmeg.
3) Add milk and eggs, stirring well.
4) Gradually add flour, kneading until dough is smooth and satiny.
5) Knead dough a few times until dough is easy to handle.
6) Let dough rise for a half hour. Punch down and knead.
7) Divide dough into 3 parts, dividing each into smaller portions.
8) Shape each portion into a small round ball. Place into muffin tins or on a baking sheet.
9) Let rise covered for another hour or until doubled in size.
10) Whisk together an egg and 2 tbsp water. Lightly brush over buns.
11) Bake at 400 F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.