|8||Potatoes, peeled and quartered|
|12||Carrots, peeled and cut in 2/3's|
|1||Onion, cut in quarters|
|2||Celery, peeled and diced finely|
|4 Tbsp, heaping||Cornstarch|
|1||Bay Leaf, optional|
1) Preheat oven to 500 F.
2) Place roast, can be frozen, in center of roasting pan.
3) Place, carrots, onion, potatoes and celery around roast. Fill water to 3/4 from top of roast.
4) Add in bay leaf. Place lid over roasting pan and cook in oven for a half hour.
5) In a mixing container, shake cornstarch and water together; add to boiling water of roast and add salt and pepper. Turn heat down to 350 F and continue baking for a half hour.
6) Turn roast down to 250 F and cook according to size and preference.
7) Remove bay leaf when cooked.
Optional: With leftovers, combine, cutting food into smaller pieces and make a beef stew by adding in worcestshire sauce to taste.